At the Law Office of Mark A. Siesel in White Plains, New York, we focus on the following areas of practice:
- DWI / DWAI - We represent clients charged with DWI (driving while intoxicated), Driving under the influence of drugs, and DWAI (driving while ability impaired). We recognize the effects of a drunk driving conviction and strive for the best outcome.
- Administrative license hearings - If you are pulled over for suspicion of DWI and you refuse any testing, you are subject to revocation of your license for six months. At the Law Office of Mark A. Siesel, we represent many clients in DMV administrative hearings (Known as “Refusal Hearings”) to maintain their legal ability to drive where possible.
- Breathalyzer tests - A simple breath test can become confusing, and lead to more significant consequences regarding driving privileges, if a police officer is not entirely forthcoming about the process. The tests administered by the police at the scene of the arrest (“Alco-Sensor”) are not the same as the breathalyzer or other legally admissible test conducted at the precinct. Clients who mention that they do not want to be subjected to testing at the scene before their arrest are frequently charged with a refusal, leading to additional consequences for their driving privileges.
- Blood/urine tests - A blood or urine test showing you were legally drunk while driving is strong evidence against you. We examine and analyze how the tests were conducted and how the evidence was collected.
- Field sobriety tests - Field sobriety testing is subjective at best. We evaluate whether the testing was conducted in accordance with proper police procedure and ensure that your rights were not violated.
- Multiple/felony DWI - With new laws in place, a DWI from the time you began driving (In reviewing your “Rap Sheet”) is considered by the District Attorney and presiding judge in determining the potential resolution of your DWI case. As multiple DWI charges significantly increase the legal jeopardy you could be in, it is all the more vital that you retain a seasoned, knowledgeable and diligent advocate to fight the charges against you.
- Aggravated DWI - If your BAC (blood alcohol content) is .18 or above, you will be charged with aggravated DWI. This limits the options available and necessitates that you have an experienced DWI attorney fighting for you.
- Criminal defense - In addition to our practice of DWI and traffic violations, we also provide skilled and experienced representation to clients charged with assault, battery, drug possession, larceny and property damage.
- Conditional Licenses
- Drinking Driver Program (DDP)
- Driver’s Responsibility Assessment
- Hardship Licenses
- Commercial Licenses
- Zero Tolerance Law
- Twenty Day Stay
To obtain more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer regarding a drunk driving charge or license suspension, please contact us.